A70.4: Student Union Building Board
The function of the Student Union Building (SUB) Board is to formulate policies for the operation of the SUB, as per the SUB Board's Constitution and Bylaws, including:
- Review and approve the schedule of charges prepared by the Director of the SUB for use of the SUB's facilities.
- Establish policy with the Director of the SUB for use of the SUB's facilities by students, faculty, alumni, employees of the University of New Mexico (UNM), and the members of the community of Albuquerque.
- Participate on a search committee when the position of Director of the SUB is to be filled. (Secondarily, the Board shall serve to represent the interests of its constituent groups.)
- Review the annual budget of the SUB.
- Remain continuously informed of the services and financial operations of the SUB, and maintain records of this information for its constituent groups and future board members.
- Serve to promote student involvement in the activities and operations of the SUB in recognition of the unique position of students as primary users of the SUB's facilities and programs.
Two (2) faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate in the spring to serve two-year overlapping terms, one (1) to be appointed each year; the President of the University or designee; the Dean of Students or designee; two (2) undergraduate student and one (1) graduate student at-large student members; the President of the Associated Students at the University of New Mexico (ASUNM) or designee; the President of the Graduate and Professional Student Association or designee; one (1) student senator appointed by the ASUNM Student Senate in the spring to serve to the following academic year by incoming student vice president; an alumnus or alumna appointed in the spring by the Alumni Association President; and the Director of the Student Union Building as an ex-officio member.
- August 23, 2022 - Updated title of building and affiliated student groups, per FHB Policy A53 procedures